Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bacon, Taken Every Six Hours...




Somehow, anything wrapped in bacon helps my mood.  Someone else offering to cook for me seems to help a bit more.  Not having to do the dishes afterwards definitely tops it off.  So, after a cold that felt like the brink of death, dinner that night was a real treat.  Simple, comforting and really hearty.
Chicken breast; wrapped with a tasty combination of sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves and uncured bacon.  Top that with a dash of salt and pepper; bake at 350 for 15 minutes; top off in the broiler to crisp.  Pretty sure I piled my plate so high that you couldn't see the mixed greens underneath it all.  I would have taken a photo, but my plate wouldn't have appeared very ladylike.  Final note; be sure to make quite a few...I never manage to have leftovers the next day.


No comments: