Friday, May 27, 2011

Tequila Cupcakes


I have never considered putting alcohol in desserts.  I just never thought past fruit, sugar and chocolate, really.  But I was at the thrift store last weekend, and found an old cookbook for a mere dollar.  I skimmed the pages and decided it was worth my hard-earned stack of quarters (seriously, I paid in quarters). 


First, how did I live so long without knowing who Joanne Weir was?  Her cookbook is amazing!  Granted, this is the first recipe I tried...but the reviews are positive.  Second, I was excited to debut my new discovery of unbleached, chlorine-free cupcake liners.


 So, Tequila Coconut Cupcakes.  Worth the time, worth the 1/4 cup of tequila, worthy of the accolades you will receive if brought to any barbecue this weekend.  (seriously...consider it...you will make new friends)


And, lastly: who invented cream cheese frosting?!  Tell me where to send the thank-you card.  If you would like to try this recipe (also found on Joanne Weir's website, here.), please send me a list of all the new besties you have since made.

No comments: